Friday, August 7, 2015

HK Day 2

// I could lie, couldn't I, couldn't I?
Every thing that kills me makes me feel alive


Hope is our four letter word;
make that money watch it burn //

initial itinerary: Macau.
woke up at 730am and we both decided, screw this we're too tired for Macau today. let's wake up 2 hours later and then head for Ocean Park.

930am: should we go or not? aiya screw this let's go hiking. (it's such a blessing we agree so much on the stuff we should do/places we should go)

left the room at about 1030am and went for brunch at Australian Dairy Co. since there's such a hype about it whenever people visit HK. and yes I'd say it's good. like the milk tea is legit. and the scrambled eggs are damn good. and the macaroni is cooked quite specially. I can see the reason for the hype but a certain something just brings it away from fantastic, cant really tell what though. couldnt really take nice food photos partly cause we had to share a table with 2 other people. oh btw that culture is pretty common in HK especially at breakfast timings because they just wanna maximise space and accommodate as many customers as they can! not something Singaporeans would be very willing to do, but guess we dont have a choice when we're in a foreign land.




set off for hiking after brunch, towards Dragon's Back.

took the MTR to Shau Kei Wan then took a bus to Shek O Road where the starting point was. we alighted one bus stop earlier (our mistake) but had a pretty good walk up one bus stop enjoying the nice view! began our hike up (mapped 1 hour up and 1 hour down). thanks Chingz for bearing w the burden who has terrible stamina and has a fear of stepping on random rocks but I'm really glad we made it like 80% up before deciding that we arent gonna go down and up to finish up the last 20%. the view was amazing, it was totally worth forsaking Ocean Park because well I'm not much of a daredevil anyway.

before the climb started:



in the midst of the climb:



the final reward! (do I call it that?)


damn pretty omg?! I cannot even. the picture I took ^ legit looks like it came from some travel guide. so rewarding :') 
headed back to town after hiking. first thing we did was just go straight into a supermarket and grab cold drinks. 




and a Running Man fangirl doesnt really stop. so excited to see all these snacks in the supermarkets. bought them just for the packaging?! much disappointment that the crisps didnt have KJK's face on it or I'd honestly buy like 10. 

went to shop at Sneakers Street and Ladies Street and we were honestly disappointed at the former? we were both hoping to get some good buys there but nothing was within our price range. oh and we spent so much in this random shopping mall?! like it wasnt even part of the plan. the plan was just to go in for the toilet. but we discovered a Bugis Street like place so we just spent lotsa time there and bought quite a few pieces of clothing. 

oh and we had the famous Mango desserts at Hui Lau Shan! expensive but pretty good, kinda frustrating that food in HK is so ridiculously expensive but well, it's not something we spend on everyday.


we were too filled from dessert to have dinner (yeah ikr priorities) so we decided to dabao noodles back to the room to eat! and head back early because yes we HAD to go Macau the next day since we already postponed it one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment