Tuesday, December 3, 2013

say it isnt so, tell me you're not leaving.
say you changed your mind now,
and I am only dreaming.


feeling so very emotional right now as I'm packing for prom.
I think we take for granted the fact that with social media we are always gonna be able to keep in touch with all our friends.
but truth is, even w social media, you have to bother to do it.

missing a friend a lot recently, it's not easy having to deal with the sudden change.
I think what I miss most is the comfort. or maybe the ease that I felt in the past.
it's been a while, I'm coping a slight bit better I should think.
but it's not that I dont ever think of the times that things were better, and the world seemed less cruel.

it's never easy. I hate changes, I hate it that we grow up, we succumb to the pressure of society.
we get so caught up in our work, our daily lives, that we lose sight of whats matters most.
why do we take things for granted, why do we hold on to our pride so much?
I wish I never held my pride so tightly, I wish I was a lil more courageous. I never knew.

interpersonal relationships, be it friendships or romantic relationships, are always between two.
one can never make the light shine by himself/herself. just like how one-sided love is more often than not, fruitless.
it's never easy to stop caring for a person you were so close to, you dont stop caring, you just stop showing it I guess.
you stop expressing your feelings because you cant, and you hold on to your pride so tightly.

many a time people give up, or put at risk interpersonal relationships, for the sake of tangible returns.
for a degree, for money, for a job, just for tangible happiness.
but what happiness can a person garner if all he or she deals with is inanimate gains?
why do we let ourselves do this, and let ourselves regret when we can no longer change things?

we make plans for the future because we have faith, that when we go to sleep today, we will wake up tomorrow, so as to fulfill our plans.
we make appointments in advance, because we trust that an arrangement between two will be treasured enough to be met.

but...what happens if there is an unexpected turn?
what happens if plans get destroyed by sudden incidents?

we get upset.
some of us are just a lil upset, some of us wouldnt be appeased with the world.
but ultimately we have to move on.

moving on is only one side of the story.
if a loved one left, you'll probably one day get over the fact that he/she is gone.
but you never stop loving. because you always did.
and there is no reason to stop.

so to my friend, I dont know if you will ever know how I feel, or if you will read this.
I just want to let you know that, we might not agree now, or next week, next month or even next year.
but no matter what, even though things between us will likely never be the same again, I really want you to know that I'll always be here, I'll always be ready for you.

"we don't always have to return to the same path, there are many other paths to begin from."

No comments:

Post a Comment