Thursday, July 23, 2015

SEAG2015

// you tell your heart to take another step;
you've got another thousand miles to go


within your mental vision,
you are unbreakable //

HI GUISE I'M FINALLY BACK from a two month hiatus yes.
(omg summer holidays i.e. lazing holidays are coming to an end?!)

So much to blog about, gonna be having a few posts over the span of these few days.
Will be rambling on bout SEAG after some major updates on my life.

1. BFF graduated (finally after I finished my freshman year)

sucks to be me because I had to climb out of bed at 6am, travel to Dover to sit through the entire ceremony for her 10s on stage, be her photographer, hanger rail and basically everything a manager/PA does. tsk. should've demanded to be paid.


2. I finally got my licence! (2nd attempt)
and currently still awaiting my photo-card licence LOL.

I have to my shock realized that I have not properly blogged since finals ended omg shoots self Mel what on earth?!

So. Many people have been asking what I did for SEAG before/during/after the games.
Basically I was a super busy person during opening and closing ceremonies and a super nua person during games day. If that cuts it.


Managed an entire level of people and funpacks for OCC and if it sounds easy, it is absolutely not. It was just legs day to a huge extent, walking and running around the level even though it's patrolling duties is absolutely not fun?? Because it gets tiring. And crowds get unreasonable. Especially on the day of the closing ceremony. 

But I would say it was a fulfilling learning experience because I doubt I'd get it anywhere else. NDP would have more order than this because it's something the country does every year. Hearing comments about how badly the CC was managed made me sorta upset but I know well enough that my volunteers and I did our best so the rest is up to SINGSOC to take it upon themselves.

Moving on, Games at NSC was really very enjoyable! Yes partly cause it was more nua and there was amazing welfare. Will let pictures do the talking!

Victor and Si Jia came to visit on Day 1!

Photos with Athletes!


Audrey Yong - Windsurfer

Jodie Lai - U16 Optimist 

Jeremiah Yeo - 470

Darren Choy - 470 
(this photo is obviously edited because I am a fangirl and this was one IG post on its entirety)

470s after winning the gold medal!

 (Left to Right): 
Matthew Scott Lau
Samantha Neubronner
Loh Jia Yi
Elisa Yukie Yokoyama 
420s

as if taking a photo with him wasnt enough...


Workforce!

EVS and Accreditation Managers Chek Choon and Melody!

Accreditation Manager Melody!

Accreditation Manager Lance!

Protocol Manager Fiona!

Protocol Volunteers Gaby and Michael

Accreditation Manager and Volunteer Melody and Jordan!

Just the usual walk to lunch (:

Me - On duty

Me - Off duty

with Mr Lawrence Wong - Minister of Culture, Community and Youth

Finally like finally finally caught Nila on the last day of Sailing at Marina Bay (:

My beloved #teamNSC (:
Insta ded (so you guys can skip this if you've read it already):

#nofilter because that's the way our conversations are. Dedicating this post to these 3 awesome people for the past 9 days at NSC.
Eugenia: Thank you for being my savior when Nic is being annoying. I'm really really glad that I have you here at GD cause I know you would share similar views with me on various things (德明 spirit) and indeed you're a super nice person to talk to and I love how I can be very frank about stuff in front of you. Thanks for helping me take all the photos I wanna take, listening to my rants when I'm stationed alone w/o you guys and covering me when I refuse to wakeup for morning shifts. Even though I didnt get to know you in DHS I'm really thankful that SEA Games brought us together and for every other thing, thank you :)
Nicholas: Even though I always complain that you're damn noisy and annoying (you still are) but I must really thank you for being that garang warrior who reports for morning shift everyday w/o fail, buying breakfast and newspaper for us and others. Dont think the SSO team wouldve functioned very well without you being so hyped. I wont forget how we thought we were freaking superhumans and attempted walking out of NSC to Bedok and it freaking took us 30min but I think it made our friendship a little stronger HAHA. Thanks for always listening to my rants about those nonsense and being patient when I'm being annoying :)
Sibelle: Despite only coming to NSC for two days, I'm glad we managed to talk quite well! Thank you for being the HQ girl, our resident photographer and covering me for victory ceremonies when I had to leave early. Really appreciate your effort in coming down from the far west of Singapore to NSC early weekend mornings when you could be sleeping or visiting venues nearer to your home. Thanks for being such great company :)
#teamNSC


oh and this was us, on a Friday night in Orchard, catching up over dinner before Lance enlisted!

fangirl mode x2 because BENJAMIN KHENG?! he's seriously such a humble celebrity so glad to have gotten this chance even tho I was rushing theres no rush greater than a photo with him!

Love my SOICs aka GossipTown101 the amount of gossip really... I cannot. 
Insta ded (so you guys can skip this if you've read it already):

Thank you guys for walking the past 9 months together, dealing with setbacks, fatigue and insane AAR timings. I may not have had a chance to work on ground personally w every single one of you but I'm grateful that all you've done for your respective sectors to make everything run so smoothly! I know I'm not exactly the nicest person to work with and but really grateful to all of you, esp when I'm ranting and the encouragement you guys give! Thanks for keeping my willpower strong throughout the games! I know things were tough throughout the 9 months but thanks for never giving up, staying strong throughout the games and the ceremonies, we may not have been the best but I'm sure we have given our best. Thank you SOICs, for being the best crew I could ask for, to work alongside and to shoulder all the difficulties together. Shoutouts to those who arent in the picture too! :)


Then to the bunch who have been here since the first training in Sept'14: DOTA :)
Insta ded (so you guys can skip this if you've read it already):

Team DOTA.
I'm really lucky to have met you guys in L1 and sustain this camaraderie until now. Thanks for staying throughout these 9 months, always being there for each other regardless of whichever sectors we are in and where we are stationed during both GD and OCC. For all the HTHTs we have, it makes me realize that it doesnt matter what age we are but we are one DOTA, one team, one family. I dont know what else to say but I'm just blessed to have all of you in this journey with me and I hope this will stay with us for the longest time ever :)

Time for indiv photos:
SOIC Zheng Ming!

YPC Nicholas Chan!

YPC Sandra!
  
FP Leader Yuan Shen!

SOIC/TEAMNSC/DHS Eugenia!

SOIC/TEAMNSC Sibelle!

SOIC Ivan!

DOTA Ben!

DOTA Benson!

DOTA Josephine!

SOIC/DOTA Liu Wei!

SOIC Jaslyn!

DOTA Azizi!

DOTA Krystal!

DOTA Jannah!

SOIC/DOTA Oppa Eric!

SOIC/TEAMNSC Nicholas!

SOIC Nicole!

Overly attached #teamNSC (:

thank you everyone who made my SEAG journey a better one,
grateful. 感恩。


// run run run, 
far beyond the setting crimson sun;



never meant to be easy,
when you're trying to be more than ordinary //

No comments:

Post a Comment