They say love can take you anywhere.
But sometimes, love dont suffice.
I feel that people should stop thinking that romantic love is just being lovey-dovey and having that sweet tingling feeling in you 24/7, because it honestly isnt.
It encompasses things like commitment and efforts from both people to hold it together. And communication, that is key.
Really thankful that we are able to work things out and have a decent sense of communication so that even tho we arent completely entwined in each other's life. It's pretty amazing how despite the many differences we have, we are still able to engage in proper conversations and all. Although sometimes I feel majorly lost about sailing (x_x), I know I am still interested in what he has to say and I feel that thats more important. The fact that we are able to maintain interest in what goes on in each other's life simply cause we care enough to. Altho we are making progress in our individual lives not (literally) alongside each other, I am thankful and I know I will have him there to keep me going no matter what, and likewise, I will give him the support that he needs. That, is my definition of a healthy relationship. One that is neither too possessive nor too negligent, one that doesnt make us lose sight of our dreams and priorities and most importantly, one that encourages both of us better people in our own lives.
Alright, just my two cents worth since I suddenly got the inspiration to write about it. Just a result of too much mugging and hardly meeting him this hols. Makes it slightly better to know hes always there to provide me w moral support (:
Okay MCTs lets go!
No comments:
Post a Comment